Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Definition of Pretty


There are many differing definitions of the word pretty.  It takes on three different parts of speech, and for some it is a term of endearment.  My preferred definition comes from the Merriam-Webster dictionary, “pretty – adj. artful or clever” or “pretty – adj. a: pleasing by delicacy or grace b: having conventionally accepted elements of beauty.”  

While pretty is the word I choose to describe my favorite friends, who act genuinely with grace and optimism.  It is my choice word for describing my childhood that contained moving to 4 different states and 7 different cities, and pretty is how I try to live day in and day out.  Twists and turns throughout life should be handled with grace and random happenings must only be shared.  This leads to beauty. 

So, welcome to my blog, pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment