Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Monday's Quote of the Week: Travel

Monday I was traveling for the university for which I work.  This weekend I will be traveling for my friend's wedding.  In turn, I am thinking about how I need a vacation.  This has brought me to establish my thoughts for the week to be about traveling.   


Here are some quotes:

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.  ~St. Augustine


I soon realized that no journey carries one far unless, as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within.  ~Lillian Smith


Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.  ~Mark Twain




http://rmc.library.cornell.edu/collections/travelandtour.html

I dislike feeling at home when I am abroad.  ~George Bernard Shaw



I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine.  ~Caskie Stinnett



A passport, as I'm sure you know, is a document that one shows to government officials whenever one reaches a border between countries, so the officials can learn who you are, where you were born, and how you look when photographed unflatteringly.  ~Lemony Snicket
 

No comments:

Post a Comment