Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Words on Wednesday: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Give Thanks. Walk

The first time I learned about St. Jude Children's Research Hospital was when I was in 2nd grade and I participated in the Math-a-thon to raise money for the hospital.  Shortly after participating in the math-a-thon, I learned that a girl at my school in Memphis was a patient at the hospital and was being treated for cancer.  Being a 2nd grader this was a hard idea to grasp.  A million questions ran through my inquisitive young mind and my mom did her best to explain.

Since those experiences, I have been dedicated to the mission of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.  I spent my junior year of college as an intern for the Louisville regional fundraising office and now I am thrilled to be a part of the Give Thanks. Walk planning committee.  



On November 20th, 60 communities across the United States will come together to walk and raise money to continue the progress St. Jude Children's Research Hospital has made in beating and treating childhood cancer, sickle cell anemia, and many other childhood ailments.  I encourage all of you to register and be apart of the 2010 Give Thanks. Walk.  For more information visit: http://www.givethankswalk.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment