Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Words on Wednesday: The South

There are a few things I take pride in and one of those is being southern.  I don't like admitting the fact that I was actually born in Indiana.  In fact, I once almost cried while having a conversation about the South when I remembered that I was born in the Midwest.  After a short year in my birth place, my childhood that was scattered across Arkansas, Tennessee, and Kentucky.

Here are a few of my favorite things about the South:


Live Oaks       
I absolutely love live oaks and love spending time in Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC.


My College Friends


The Kentucky Derby which occurs the first Saturday in May.  Whether you go to the race or just spend the day at a Derby Party, there is nothing better than finding the perfect dress and hat for the day. 

The view from Miss Jana's House  
River towns tend to be some of my favorite places to reside.  I have spent days by the rivers that run through Chattanooga, Little Rock, Columbia (SC), Louisville, and Cincinnati.  I enjoy days on lakes spent boating, wakeboarding, and skiing.  Here I would also note that I love how I still call of my friends' moms Miss "first name."  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment